Cole Dance Camp 2021!
Golden Gate Academy, Oakland
Four One-Week Sessions In Person!
June 14th to July 23rd M-F 9am-3pm
Week 1: June 14-18
Week 2: June 21-25
Week 3: June 28-July 2
Week 4: July 5-9
*Only a few spots left!
- 12 Campers per session for personalized, engaging experience.
- Lots of outdoor class time and playtime on campus: balls, frisbees, hula hoops, jungle gym and more.
- End of session performance on stage with spaced seating in large theater.
- High energy creative encouragement and fun in low-stress environment.
- Masked, physically distanced and daily health checks
- New activities and techniques every week
- Uplifting energy through dance, music, storytelling
- Multi-levels give students something new to learn and improve upon no matter age or experience level.
Cole Dance Camp is an immersive multi-performing exploration of dance movement, music, storytelling, athleticism, expression, technique and more. Students learn hip hop, Brazilian & contemporary dance movements, musical patterns, theatrical techniques and creative ways to tell stories with movement.
Golden Gate Academy
Redwood Heights Area
3800 Mountain Blvd. Oakland
9a.m. - 3p.m.
8a.m. - 5:30p.m
5-12 Entering 1st-6th grades
$400 per week
10% sibling discount
Extended care $10/hr
owed by last day of camp
As always- the safety of the children is our number one priority. We will be following all safety protocol required by the County of Alameda. As of now, the expectation is that campers and staff will be masked at all times, socially distanced and regular cleaning and sanitizing of common areas and bathrooms will be practiced.
Full refunds until two week before camp. After two weeks prior 20% fee. If camp is cancelled or has to be cut short due to COVID, refunds will be issued for the number of days missed.
Hip Hop, Brazilian, Contemporary & Creative Dance, Capoeira,
Drumming, Percussion & Beat-Making!
Dance & Capoeira
- Freestyle techniques and games
- Imagination, visualization & storytelling
- Dance battles showcasing originality and knowledge of moves
- Gymnastics basics
- New choreography routine each week
Drumming & Beat Making
- Percussion with household objects
- Live beat making with drum machine
- Sampling students voices and other sounds in beats.
Storytelling with Doug Cole
- Everyday to give students downtime to eat, rest, laugh and enjoy.
- Puppeteering performances
Location & Spaces
Dance lessons will primarily take place in a long and wide hallway right outside of entrance to large theater where Doug's Drama Camp will primarily be, however we will use stage for weekly showcases. The hallway stays very cool according to employees there, with window and front door for fresh air. A short walk outside is a very large open concrete space with trees for shade where occasionally we will spend class time.
20-30 minute stage performance after camp Friday of each week. Showcasing dance freestyles and choreography!